Question
Posted by: Jenn | 2007/12/03

2 questions: painfull joints and swimmin

Hi...I'm 28 weeks pregnant now and have a few questions regarding painfull joints and about swimming while being pregnant.
I"m seeing my gynae on the 14th again but would like to hear from people who may have had the same questions or just anyone with some advice.
Is it safe for me to swim in the ocean? We are going camping over December then I'll be 29/30 weeks pregnant. I'll be wearing lots of sunscreen and I won't be in the sun all day but can I go swimming in the ocean??
The other thing that is bothering me is my painfull joints. Everything from my fingers to my toes are sore. My knees, wrists, fingers, ankles, toes. Everything. I wake up with these pains and go to bed with them. I haven't gain more weight than I should so I'm not carrying too much weight. My tummy is also not very big but growing fast. My baby's weight was 499g at 22 weeks and is now 1.2kg's. My tummy also started to harden over the weekend but I know that has to do with the position of the baby. Does anyone have some advice on my questions??

thanks...

You can go swimming as long as you are a good swimmer.
Try taking calicum supplements. It may help the joint pains.