Question
Posted by: concerned | 2003/03/05

2 queries

Hi, i am 5 weeks pregnant. i have a pain in my stomach, below my navel is it of any concern, should i worry of it. secondly, can i carry on with doing health walker as a form of exercise while being pregnant.

Mild pain in early pregnancy is quite normal and is often due to stretching of the ligaments. If you have any urinary symptoms with it, you could have a bladder infection and this should be treated. Ectopic pregnancies can cause pain, but this is usually severe. If you have had a scan and know that the pregnancy is in the right place, this would be reassuring.
Health walking is fine, but you should not do exercise which is too strenuous, pushes your pulse rate up too high or causes your termperature to increase for any length of time.

3
Posted by: www | 2003/03/05

Oh yes, and health walking is wonderful excercise - don't stop

Reply to www
Posted by: www | 2003/03/05

Quite often you have some abdominal pain and uncomfortable feelings around the tummy-area, but unless this is very severe and is accompanied by bleeding or spotting of some sort, it's probably nothing to be too worried about - probably just the hormones making all the muscles and ligaments a bit softer so they are able to expand when they need to. I know that if it's very severe it could be an indication of an ectopic pregnancy or if there's bleeding it could indicate a miscarriage. If you are still worried, something I've learnt is that sometimes it's best to go to the gynae and have him/her set your mind at rest.

Reply to www
Posted by: Jay | 2003/03/05

I am only 2.5 - 3 weeks pregnant now, and i have also been getting a pain below my navel. I am also getting uncomfortable at my sides - if i wear pants it feels as though the waisteband is pushing my insides further in. Is this normal?

Reply to Jay