Question
Posted by: cheeky | 2004/10/22

2 periods in a row

I am 28 years old and I am as regular as clock work with my period since I started having a period, except 1 time I skipped my period in high school but that was because of having the flu & exam stress. According to my diary (I keep 1 to check when must get my period), I should have gotten it today. Last week I had a brownish red discharge, which is normal on my first day, but this time it lasted for 7 days, ie. days I have my period. I thought this was my period and left it as being weak from recently having the flu and taking all that medication. Today however, I got my period again as it should be. What is happening. Should I be worried and see a doctor? or is it just the after effects of the flu.

As this is the first time it has happened, I don't think that you need worry. It may be related to your flu. See your doctor if it happens again.