Question
Posted by: frodo | 2007/03/26

2 missed periods now heavy bleeding

Hi, I missed my period for 2 months and now I have my period but I am experiencing very heavy bleeding. I spotted for the 1st week, and now my period is very heavy and ongoing for the last 7 days. I am not sexually active. Is this normal after missing periods? I have always been regular - very worried.

It is normal to have a heavy bleed after missing periods. The womb lining builds up a lot more, so there is more to bleed. It sounds like you did not ovulate the last month. If this recurs, you should see a doctor.