Question
Posted by: Bambino | 2004/11/23

1st visit internal scan

I went for my first visit at 9 weeks this week and had an internal scan. Is there a valid reason for this besides, the baby being small and it is easier to see. On my next visit at 14 wks will it be an internal too?

Bambino

It may not always be possible to see an early pregnancy with an extrnal scan. At 14 weeks, you should have an external scan.

2
Posted by: JJ | 2004/11/24

Hi Bambino,

I went for my first visit at 9 weeks also I had a external scan as I asked for it, she said she would do external first and thank goodness she did cause we saw everything that way. I am going again on the 22 December and it will also be external.

How is baby was the doc happy with everything.

Take care of yourself and little one.

Reply to JJ
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/23

I also had a internal scan and it is easier for the doctor to see everything.

On 14 weeks it will be a normal scan. Up untill 12 weeks some doctors rather do an internal scan than an external one.

Don't worry, it is quiet normal

Reply to Francis