Question
Posted by: micks | 2004/01/27

1st ulsrasound, scared

Tomorrow will be my first scan. Its a internal scan, what do they do im only 7 weeks. i want to see if the baby is okay.
i'm so scared.
Please Help!!!!

thanx

I hope that the other respondents have set you at ease.

3
Posted by: Marlene | 2004/01/27

HI

Don't worry about the scan, I'm 9weeks and had my first internal scan on 7weeks, it's not that bad at least you see the baby and by now you can see the heartbeat. Just look at the screen and your baby, you'll see it's not that bad! Trust me I never go to gyn. because I'm to scared for that internal thingies they do. I hate it to. Anyways Good luck, and let me know how it went.

Reply to Marlene
Posted by: Kate | 2004/01/27

There is nothing to be scared about, there is no pain.

The doctor will use a vaginal probe, it is longer and thinner than a penis :-), she will put a condom over it and use some KY Jelly to lubricate it so it won't hurt you when it slides in.

You get to see much more with a vaginal probe so look forward to being able to see baby instead of worrying about the actual probe.

You may feel like you want to wee whilst she is doing the scan as there is a lot of pressure on the bladder.

Good luck!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Norna | 2004/01/27

Don't worry, nothing to be scared about.
Doc will do an internal scan, if you had a papsmear before, this is nothing to worry about......
Doc will check the baby, measure it.
My first scan was at 6weeks, we couldn't see a baby, just a little blop.

Don't worry everything will be fine.

Reply to Norna