Question
Posted by: PFP | 2004/02/25

19 Weeks Pregnant - Concerned

Hi All

I am 19 weeks pregnant. My concern is that my tummy somehow feels different. Can't explain this other than I feel "lighter" than I did a few days ago (which the scale does not agree with). The flutterings I have a few and far between - so much so I am starting to doubt whether I have actually felt the baby move yet? As I am a first time expectant mother I would appreciate any feedback as I don't like not being in the know and don't like to over re-act!

It is still fairly early for fetal movements. The light flutterings are all you will feel at this stage.

6
Posted by: PFP | 2004/02/25

I am truly grateful for the replies. When I lie down and relax I'm sure its the baby moving. Then when I don't feel anything for a while - I guess I doubt myself is all.

I haven't been lucky enough to find out the sex of our baby as yet,but, I am hoping that I will be able to tell at our next scan.
Provided of course baby feels like revealing!!

I am off for my next visit in a week - so I don't have too long to wait. Can't believe that by then I will be half way already!!

I am so looking forward to it as our last scan was so magical I cried when I saw the first images appear.

I wish you guys all the very best and keep me informed to.
It is reassuring to know we aren't mad!

Reply to PFP
Posted by: Norma | 2004/02/25

Like Dee I'm also on 18weeks, and feel my baby everyday, some days more than others. I'm also first time mommy, so didn't know what to expect, but I'm verry sure it is baby moving.
Don't worry, some days I just can't believe that I'm really pregnant and I can't wait for the next scan... just to make sure everything is fine.
We still don't know the sex, as baby's legs was crossed in the prev scan, but like Kippie said in a diff posting, baby will show us when the time is wright.
Can't take this waiting.......

Well, it's nice to know there is another "mom-to-be" in the same "time" as us......
Keep us posted PFP...

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/02/25

Hi you two!
When you feel the first movement depends on many factors, one being if it is your first pregnancy, you will feel movement later than other moms with multiple pregnancies.
We have spoken about this last week I think - movement at this stage is very irregular and can be lots in one day and very little or non the next.
Only at about 23 weeks will you feel movement everyday.
This is my 3rd pregnancy and I started feeling lots of turns down in my pelvic at about 12 weeks and a defninte kick or something at 14.5 weeks.
Ever since then it was on and off and since +-23 wks he moves constantly. I am now 26 wks and could see him moving when I lie still in the evenings - it is so amazing.
Take care and enjoy the feeling as you will defnitily miss it once that baby is born.

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: dee | 2004/02/25

Dear PFP

i know, its very hard to wait a whole month before goping to see the doc to get told everything is fine.
And after hearing scary stories about women that loose their babies, its hard not to be paranoid, but i think we must relax and enjoy the pregnancy rather than stress all the time.
I found out that i have little boy growing inside me, and i cannot wait to see him, its so exciting its so hard to wait another 5 months.
Do you know the sex of your baby yet?

Reply to dee
Posted by: PFP | 2004/02/25

Thanks Dee! Helps to know that I am not paranoid!! I am so looking forward to seeing this bundle of joy that I would hate anything to go wrong (naturally). Appreciate your input.

Reply to PFP
Posted by: dee | 2004/02/25

I am 18 weeks pregnant, and felt movement on saturday for the first time, then nothing since then.
I think at this stage, even though the baby moves, because its so small, you will only feel it if you are not doing anything and concentrating, if you busy you will probably not notice it.
I also think that some days you are less bloated than others and retaining less water, shich is why you may feel lighter, I also feel lighter some days. But the scale also doesnt agree, which is good, at least you not loosing weight.
I am also first time mother so this is just my opinion, I dont know if its is accurate though.

Reply to dee