Question
Posted by: amy | 2007/12/05

18/virgin/stretched vaginal opening

i have never had sex, but have engaged in sexual acts (such as fingering, at times with up to 3-4 fingers...) i am extremely bothered by the extra tissue around my vaginal opening. it is as if it's been streched out and a layer of tissue has formed around it. why does my vagina react this way, when many women have had a couple of kids, and their skin has gone back to normal? i don't know if this is normal, and i certainly don't feel comfortable with it. i am too scared to see a gynaecologist...

It may be that your hymen has broken and this is the tissue you are feeling. This is normal and there is nothing to do about it.