Question
Posted by: dee | 2004/02/26

18 weeks and sore stomach at night.

my stomach gets sore at night, then during the day its fine.
Does pregnancy have anything to do with this?
I am only seeing my doc in 2 weeks time, but after Kate's storey, i am also worried. It gets crampy and sore, sometimes Tums helps, does it sound like indigestion?

It sounds like stretching of the ligaments. If it is high up near your chest, it could be indigestion. If you have no nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea, there should not be anything to worry about.

1
Posted by: PFP | 2004/02/26

Hi Dee
We meet again! I also have a fairly uncomfortable tummy at night. Not every day. I see that lower aches at our stage are associated with the stretching of the uterus which is fairly normal. After dinner I have had what feels like heartburn (although I am surprised it could be this so early). This helps me too. So - perhaps it is a pregnancy thing as I never had this prior to being pregnant. Luckily I don't get this everyday.

By the way ... last night baby moved and my hubby was able to feel it. Thanks for the advice yesterday.

Hope all is well with you.

Reply to PFP