Question
Posted by: Alex | 2005/07/11

18 month old baby sleeps more than 15 hrs per day

My grandson is 18 months old and I was wondering whether there could be underlying problems, as he sleeps approximately 15 hours or more per day. I know we should be thankful that he sleeps so well, but I would like to know whether there could be a medical condition that could lead to this. His father is a diabetic class 1, but not genetically. Is it possible that he could also have related problems?

Alex, if he sleeps 15 hors non-stop, there definitely is a problem. If he does it in shifts, it should be fine. That said, the safest would be to have him seen to by his paediatrician just to make sure. Good luck.