Question
Posted by: worried | 2004/03/04

17 year old pregnant??

i think my 17 year old sister is pregnant. her hair just grew,her skin is glowing,she is puting on weight&i know she is engaging in sexual intercourse. to me it seems she wants to be pregnant so that she can move out the house coz she&my father dont speak at all for this past 2 months. this guy may say he`ll give her the world but he`s bullshitting her i know that for a fact. he is her first time&the first guy she`s dated long.he is a walking tornado&rude. my sister is repeating std 9 coz she has no interest in school&her being pregnant says it all. she stopped smoking&eats alot. then she makes "jokes" i`m pregnant or dont push me ,the baby. my father is the strictest man on this earth he`ll kill her,the baby&the boyfriend.since she`s been sexing she`s always had fake pregnancies but i saw for myself this is real.i love my younger sister and i want to help her realise there`s more to life than just that -|- ed-up loser. i dont like him i never did&i never will,she may mean the world to him but he takes her for granted&makes her look like a bitch.he knows she failed&if he does really love her then he`ll keep his distance just a bit so she can finish school&they have their entire lives to make babies . they only dating like almost 5 months&this is the shit they catch on.i tried to break them up coz i foundout things about him. i dont know what to do ,she`s young ,beautiful&throwing her life away .i tried speaking to her &she is aware that what she`s doing is immoral.i love her very much&i`ve lost my mother,my baby&i cant loose her now either.i dont need help but pls help her .

Dear worried,
Well, if she's still struggling with Stanard Nine, at 17, she's not the brightest berry on the vine, and getting pregnant to try to get away from homw, or to simplistically solve other problems, is really dumb, and selfish ( what a way to abuse a child even before conception). Though if she eats as much as you say, there are alternative reasons for her to gain weight.
17 can be a really dangerous age, when you're foolish enough to believe you know it all, and long before you're wise enough to recognize how very little you actually know. I commend you for feeling so concerned, but really apart from trying to talk to her, there isn't anything you can do --- only she can stop being promiscous and spoiling her life. If she decides to reform and clean up her act, you could become useful in supporting and encouraging this, but until then, she probably won't welcome any attempt to advice or control her.

1
Posted by: 1st Time Mommy | 2004/03/04

The thing about 17yr olds is that they think they know everything and it only makes it worse when there is someone in your life that's a bad influence, which I gather he is.
Aa long as she loves him and as long as she thinks his good for her there is nothing you can do for her, she is going to have to come up with that idea by herself.

I really do hope for her sake that she isn't pregnant cause if she thinks his going to be around for her, which by what you're saying about him, he won't be there and if he is there for her he will only stick around for a little while.

I know what I'm talking about I'm a single mom and still stay at home I have wonderfull parents who treat my son as their own and they love and adore him to bits, they are my strength and I wouldn't know what I'd do without them. Besides them being a single mom is very difficult and I'm 29 yrs old, heaven help a 17 yr old she is still a child what on earth is she going to do with a baby. A baby is not a doll you play with and then toss it aside when you're tired. You having your own you know that already.

If she is that desprite to get out of the house she should find another way to and not by falling pregnant that isn't fair on the baby.
As far as the b/f is concerned you said that you found out some things about him is your sister aware of these things?

I hope your sister doesn't ruin her life through this guy as she is still so young and has her whole life ahead of her with many other great guys out there she musn't settle for the first one. She has alot of growing up to do.

I hope things work out.
FTM

Reply to 1st Time Mommy