Question
Posted by: Nafthi | 2004/02/25

17 weeks pregnant & not showing

I'm 17 weeks pregnant & not showing AT ALL, only for the boobies that is taking on monsterous proportions, but for the rest I'm still wearing exactly what I was wearing before I fell pregnant (in fact a lost some weight & some pants are sitting better) I know that you "carry" smaller the first time, but everybody is commenting on the fact that I'm not showing and true to a first time mom I'm starting to feel worried if everything is fine. I've been for a scan at 16 weeks and it looks fine, although the baby was very quiet where at 11 weeks it was moving like crazy! Should I be worried? Is this normal? By the by, I've been diagnosed with very low iron last week at started on supplements. Thanks for hearing me out - maybe I'm just paranoid ...

If you had a scan a week ago and the baby was fine, then there is nothing to worry about.

5
Posted by: Neo | 2004/02/26

Hi Nafthi
Don't worry too much as long as your gynae is happy with the baby's growth there is nothing to worry about. I grew literally overnight at 19 weeks and I am being serious I woke up one morning and it was like WOOOOW even my husband was like when did that happen..... I am 28 weeks and look like I have a football under my clothes. I still wear my old clothes of course with an expander belt and only bought about 2 biggish shirts to cover my pants (expander belt). SO just enjoy it you will be fine.

Ciao

Reply to Neo
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/02/26

Hi there!
You must enjoy the fact that you can still fit into your old clothers!
I am on 26 wks and gone up 2 sizes in clothes already - I do not like the maternity things and just buy the clothes bigger , although around the shoulders it is becoming a problem.
Pregnancy is so amazing and I am very proud of my HUGE bump - looks like I am carrying 5!!!

Take care

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: dee | 2004/02/26

I am also 18 weeks now, and dont look pregnant at all, people that know me would just think i put on a few kilos, but they would never guess that i am pregnant.
When i tell stragners they look shocked.
Apparently it is due to strong tummy muscles and the fact that its the first baby.
I am still in my old clothes, they just a little tight and my boobs are bigger. But you would never think i was even pregnant, let alone 18 weeks:)

Reply to dee
Posted by: Also preggies | 2004/02/26

I am 33 weeks along and I have now just started showing slightly (except for the boobs of course). I have also started antenatal classes and my bump is small compared to all the other ladies. So don't worry too much as some of us just carry small. People at work actually think that my pregnancy is still relatively new maybe 3-4 months!

Cheers!

Reply to Also preggies
Posted by: Norma | 2004/02/25

It's amazing how many woman are on 17, 18 or 19 weeks..... we are al so close.
I'm on 18weeks now and can tell you one thing, when your tummy does start to grow it happens over night. I'm also very small, and know how you feel when people say "but you can't even see that your pregnant". I actually felt like crying sometimes, I think if I could wear a poster around my neck saying "I'm Pregnant" it would make me feel better.

But ja, like I said, just give it time, my tummy popped out over night, last week I could feel that my clothes are a bit tight, but this week, well, nothing fits me anymore....... and the mwear are still to big. So... just wait will have another problem soon, nothing to wear...

We went for a scan on 17weeks and baby was not that active, 12 weeks he/she was really moving in there. I asked my doc why and he just said I don't have to worry, the space is getting smaller, aslong as baby moves.

Well, hope your "bump" will show soon and good luck.
When is you due date?

Reply to Norma