Question
Posted by: Claire | 2005/07/05

16 weeks - slight spotting

I am 16 weeks pregnant and yesterday I went for my appointment and everything was fine with the baby - had the triple blood test done and yesterday midday I noticed slight discharge with blood - not clotting and no cramps, pains, etc. I have had this before from 8 to 12 weeks and then it stopped until yesterday. Should I be worried? Is this spotting because of the blood test? I am anemic. Please help. I don't want to stress because the doctor said the baby was fine (he measured the baby, measured the crown of baby's head and the heartbeat was fine).

The spotting would not be related to the blood test. If the baby was fine yesterday, it is probably the same as before.

1
Posted by: Nix | 2005/07/05

Phone your doctor right away and ask him or his nurse. Don't leave it. It wouldnt be from the blood tests. Did you have an internal exam or pap smear? I would phone and check to be safe.

All the best
Nix

Reply to Nix