Question
Posted by: M's | 2008/01/09

16 days late - negative result

I went of the pill in October, I took my last active pill on Sunday 28 October, on the Monday (when I would have started with my placebo pills) my period started as normal. I didn't get any breakthough bleeding or spotting during the rest of the month (which I thought would happen as ones hormones tend to get a bit mixed up normally after going off the pill) On Monday 26 November I started my first period off the pill, my normal 28 day cycle and it lasts for about 5-6 days normally (which it did) I had sex during the weekend of 1 December and the week from 7 - 12 December (well more than that, but these dates I remember distinctly) I was supposed to start my period then on 24 December, nothing came. There is still nothing, I had some random spotting (not even much, only twice when I went to the bathroom and whiped there was some brown colouration) round about 1 and 2 January and then yesterday afternoon once and now, very faint and very little (It's more brown than red - every time). I have done 5 home pregnancy tests and they are all negative thus far. I have done one blood test on 29 December which came back as negative and doubtful, as they said it could be too soon. I wish I knew what is going on. Never ever since me being on and off the pill had I been late this long after going off it. Could my hormones just be a bit mixed up still? I want to be pregnant, I don't have any obvious symptoms, other than urinating a lot and having a headache. Could anyone help me.

Most likely it is just your body adjusting to being off the Pill.

2
Posted by: M's | 2008/01/09

Thank you, yes am set to go for another blood test tomorrow and then the gynae will do a check up after, if still negative. Will let you know if it is positive...

Reply to M's
Posted by: Mommy to be | 2008/01/09

I can sympathise as I had a similar experience. Please go for another blood test and then if still nothing I would suggest a visit to your gynae.

Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers!

Reply to Mommy to be