Question
Posted by: wapsie | 2003/12/02

15yr old out of control

My daughter is 15years old she drinks smoke and know sexually active. She refuse to listen to us. She always threaten us with the police. First she cried rape then we found out that she consent to sex. She is breaking my married up and my husband has totally lost it with her. We phoned every were for help and all we get is nothing.but if we lift our hands they will arrest us. me and my husband thought long and hard about this and we feel that is the best that she me sent away to protect herself and us. Please help we are desperate. Thanks.........

Dear wapsie,
I wish there was a simple or clear answer anyone could give to a willful and self-destructive teen, but there isn't.
I don't understand with what she can threaten you two with calling the police ? What are you doing that she could complain about ? Indeed, why not yourselves call the Child Protection Unit of your local Police to discuss the case, including the fact that she threatens to report you and your husband whenever you try to control or limit her misconduct. If she had sex at the age of 16, the man is guilty of rape, as she would not be considered to be capable of giving legal consent, so far as I know --- and the CPU may be interested in investigating that complaint.

1
Posted by: Mona | 2003/12/02

If you send her away, she is gonna have even more freedom to do wrong, maybe end up being pregnant, or really getting raped. No idea what you could do to help, cos anything you are going to say to her, or suggest, she is gonna be against, as all teenagers are. Sorry, but good luck!

Reply to Mona