Question
Posted by: ang | 2008/01/07

15 weeks pregies and no movement

dear doc should i be feeling my baby 's kicking etc when i am almost 16 weeks pregnant? I am really worried as i have read that i should be feeling butterflies in my stomach already. I am only going 4 my first gynae appointment on 22nd of january for my first check up. Could there be something wrong with my baby?

If it is your first pregnancy, you generally only feel movements by 18 - 22 weeks.

3
Posted by: El | 2008/01/08

yeah it actually feels like a kick n u can see the bumps when u look at ur tummy. quite profound, i must say!!

Reply to El
Posted by: ang | 2008/01/07

thanks chanty. I am relieved 2 hear that. Does it actually feel a real kick in your stomach or is it just like your stomach is making funny turns.

Reply to ang
Posted by: chanty | 2008/01/07

Stop stressing, it's not good for your baby.

Some people only feel movement at 23 weeks. I felt movement at nearly 17 weeks and even then I wasnt sure it was anything. I never felt butterflies. I was just sitting one evening and the next thing I felt a spurt of tiny kicks. I had to get my sil (who already has a child) to feel and she told me that my baby was kicking!!!

I am sure everything is fine. If you feel there is something wrong, just go to the doctor anyway. It will put your mind at ease.

chanty

Reply to chanty