Question
Posted by: Susie | 2005/12/06

15 more years.....

Hi all,

I am feeling very down this morning (don't laugh) mainly because I still have to spend the next 15 years of my life in this office that I am in now. My life has been one of "Riches to Rags". I started my full time working life 10 years ago and I just don't see how I can cope with another 15 years. I do enjoy my job and the people I work with, but I find the hours too long and I wish I could have more free time. Sometimes I feel I am just wasting my last few years of my life working, but I need the money to be able to pay my bills as I live alone. I know I should not complain, at least I have a job, but still. Thanks I just needed to get that off my chest this morning. I am going on leave on the 23rd, perhaps I will feel better in the new year?

You surely will feel better in the new year --- bu equally surely, you can work towards modifying the nature and range of your job, and thus improve job satisfaction

3
Posted by: waterblom | 2005/12/06

Susie,
the next 15years will turn out the way you want them to be. It's all up to you.
The late Lynn Grabhorn wrote a wonderful book called "Excuse me your life is waiting''. It's worth a read.

Reply to waterblom
Posted by: Pencil | 2005/12/06

Also going on leave on the 23rd, it's only 16 more days, that's more like 2 weeks.... Keep your head up 'till then - it's so soon!!!!!!

Reply to Pencil
Posted by: Yellow | 2005/12/06

Forget about 15 more years, your life could change next month. Just concentrate on getting to the 23rd and having a break. This time of year everyone feels like they have had enough... I know I cant wait to go one leave. I wake up each morning and think ... aah so many days till I go on leave, and that gets me through the days at the moment.

Reply to Yellow