Question
Posted by: Blue | 2007/05/29

14wks preg - lower abdom and back pain

I flew to Durban over the weekend. I have had some lower abdominal cramps and last night when we flew back I had to undo my belt as it got too tight and made me crampy. I went to sleep with lower back pain and woke up with it too. I called the sister at the doctors office who thought it may be a bladdder infection. I had the test and its negative...which is good! but where does the pain come from? She said maybe I overdid it on the weekend?

It could be a bowel upset or stretching of the ligaments The only way to know is to see your doctor for a full examination.

4
Posted by: NPC | 2007/05/30

i am also 14 wks preg, i suffered the same pains. i went for tests (urine and scan) today they all showed normal. So its normal. My doctor said i must exercise regulary

Reply to NPC
Posted by: Blue | 2007/05/30

Thanks Nix...you made me laugh :)

Reply to Blue
Posted by: Nix | 2007/05/30

gee, how dumb am i. i meant to say that the baby is moving up out of the pelvic area. it's definately not normal for the baby to move up out of the uterus - lol. what was i thinking...

Reply to Nix
Posted by: Nix | 2007/05/30

sounds like the baby is moving up out of the uterus - which is normal. your waist will now start to get bigger. congrats and enjoy.

Reply to Nix