Posted by: Obese | 2009/09/28


I weigh 140kg' s i wear a size 28, if i get any bigger i' ll not fit into any clothes you can buy at stores.

i have no blood pressure, colestrol, sugar etc - I regularly test.

I' ve been lucky so far. I' ve lost with weighless, watchers, sureslim, ag you name it i' ve done it. Atkins the works.

The most was 23kg' s and i' ve picked it all up + some in 4 months.

I am however uncomfortable, feel ugly and and and

I seriously need help (been to a dietician as well) - what would you as an expert suggest i try or do?

thank you so much.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageDietDoc

Dear 140
If you have in the past managed to lose up to 23 kg, then this does indicate that you have the potential to shed weight, but the problem seems to be to maintain your weightloss. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). As you lose weight make sure that you do 30 or more minutes of one of these exercises every day. The exercise is important because it has many benefits: a) It stimulates your metabolism, b) Research has shown that people who try to lose weight and combined their diet with exercise, are more likely to stick to their diet and achieve their goals, 3) Exercise improves your mood and combats depression. Because you seem to have a problem with maintaining a healthy lifestyle, it may also be helpful if you have some behaviour therapy with a clinical psychologist (ask your gp to refer you).
Try this 3 pronged approach and let's see if you can maintain your weightloss.
Best regards

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.