Question
Posted by: NM | 2005/07/21

14 weeks and craving prawns

Ladies

Are prawns one of the safe fish to have during pregnancy? It's all I'm thinking about today but want to be sure first. There are too many dos and donts that one just can't keep up sometimes.

Will appreciate your responses.

NM

As long as they are cooked, they are fine.

6
Posted by: sam | 2005/07/22

dont do it. Its really not worth it. I was also told to stay away as the risk is there and you don't want to take any risks when you're carrying your precious baby. Go buy some prawn -|- tail flavoured chips from woolies rather

Reply to sam
Posted by: Moi | 2005/07/22

I also read the same, but was told by my doc then that as long as the food has been cooked well, and you get it from a reputable place, you have nothing to worry about.

Reply to Moi
Posted by: JJ | 2005/07/21

Hi NM & Moi,

I was told by my gynae when I was pregnant to rather stay away from shell fish which I did, rather be safe than sorry, that's just my opion.

I also craved them while I was pregnant.

Enjoy your pregnancys.

JJ

Reply to JJ
Posted by: Moi | 2005/07/21

Ooohhh....now you're making me want some!!!!
i'm sure some people would say that you shoud avoid prawns during pregnancy, but gosh, there are so many things that they tell you to stay from! you'll end up starving!!! and as much as i love my fruit and veggies and all the other "healthy eating" foodstuff, there's only so much of it you can take!!!!
me, i'm now craving my mum's cabbage soup!
Enjoy your prawns!!!!

Reply to Moi
Posted by: NM | 2005/07/21

Great stuff!

Jimmy's Killer Prawns here I come!

Thanks Moi

Reply to NM
Posted by: Moi | 2005/07/21

i'm now 22 weeks, and i've had prawns at least 5 or 6 times during the pregnancy. I'm still alive and kicking, and so is baby! just make sure that they are properly cooked.

Reply to Moi