Posted by: MB1 | 2008/07/09

14 or 15 wks pregnant?

Hi doc.
I would like to know something.According to my dates my due date is 07 Jan 09 and that i should be 14 weeks today. I went for a scan this morning and the scan said my due date is 30 December and that i am 15 wks and 1 day. i am having a c-section and my doctor said that he'll be doing it on the 1st of January. Does the change in due date also affect the date for my c-section? Also they found that the palcenta is lying low? Does this raise any reason for concern? Today a year ago i lost my son at 34 weeks and yes i am slightly paranoid. Any peace of mind to this regard will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

At this early stage, the scan is pretty accurate, so I would probably go with the scan dates. You could have ovulated a bit earlier or later than expected. This will affect when the caesarean is done. A low placenta at this stage is quite common and most move up later.