Question
Posted by: Alta | 2004/02/22

12YR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER ALWAYS HUNGRY

My granddaughter will be 13 in September. She is about 1.6 m. tall, slender, very bright, but always hungry. 10minutes after eating, whether lunch or supper, she wants something to eat. She is very active in school, always on the run, pleasing everybody. (She has been in the top
5 of her grade since Gr1).
Her skin is a little on the pale side, blondish hair.

She can eat two plates of cooked food at one sitting and 10 minutes later, she will say, I am hungry.

Is this Normal????

Alta, it doesn’t sound normal, but I can’t say whether it is abnormal either. It might be due to a thyroid problem, diabetes or even and infection. The best would be to have her doctor take a look and make sure that nothing serious is the matter. Good luck.