Question
Posted by: RDK | 2004/12/21

12w3d - WHEN DOES ONE START SHOWING?

Hello
I just feel a little weird everytime all those who know that I'm pregnant looks at my tummy. I find myself doing the same, everyday I look in the mirror to see if there's a bump. My boobs are enormous though, and it looks like they're just getting bigger and bigger. Another girl at work started showing very early on, she's putting on weight and I on the other hand am losing weight - mainly because of the constant nausea and vomiting. By when should that distinctive bump become visible?

Every woman is different. The bump is usually only obvious from 16-18 weeks.

7
Posted by: Nici | 2005/01/04

I'm 18 wks and not showing to the untrained eye either and I've only put on a pound or two in weight (mainly due to Christmas), naked you can see a slight swelling but in clothes there isn't a hope of telling, I agree with some of the other comments a) when you start to swell you just balloon so try and be patient and b) so long as babe is healthy don't worry.

Reply to Nici
Posted by: preggymama | 2004/12/23

I am 19 weeks now and I am still not showing, every woman is different so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Reply to preggymama
Posted by: LDT | 2004/12/21

Girl - thank your lucky stars ! I looked and felt like oros man from the start - believe me - when you start showing - you will just "expand" overnight. I know that when you look pregnant you "feel" pregnant - but as long as baby is healthy , just enjoy being pregnant.

Good luck to you.

Reply to LDT
Posted by: JJ | 2004/12/21

Hi RDK,

I am 13 weeks and I am starting to show - we are all different but I think you will show at 15 weeks, all the best.

Keep Well

JJ

Reply to JJ
Posted by: RDK | 2004/12/21

I think I'm just a bit anxious cos it's visible proof that I really am pregnant. Last week at the gynae's my little baba was squirming all over the place when they tried to get a reading of the heartrate and I was just sooooo amazed, I cried. That overwhelming feeling of tenderness is just so great, and I know by seeing myself pregnant in the mirror will be more lasting as opposed to only experiencing it once a month.

Reply to RDK
Posted by: Jo | 2004/12/21

RDK, every person is different, but I think between week 15 and 20, you'll start looking distinctly pregnant, with a neat little bump, obviously from there you'll get much bigger, but I would think in the next couple of weeks your uterus should move higher, thereby making your bump more distinct. I am 15w with my 2nd, so I started showing earlier, but it's only now that people are saying they can see I'm pregnant. A few people felt my tummy, but were in actual fact only feeling the fat that was on top of my bump, which I seemed to lose the ability to hold in almost immediately!!! Enjoy, once your bump starts showing you'll feel so fantastic about your body!

Reply to Jo
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/12/21

When I was pregnant, everybody that knew me well could see that I was pregnant, at about 5 weeks, my clothes did not fit me any more,

But as you know I had a miscarraige, so the bigger clothes I bought to fit me, is now just hanging in my closet.

Jessica

Reply to Jessica