Question
Posted by: LC | 2004/01/15

12 yr Old Pregnant

I was wondering if its possible for a 12 yr old to get pregnant even though she hasnt started menstruating. I think my niece is pregnant and she has all the signs (vomiting etc).
Is is possible?????

Vomitting can be a sign of many illnesses, but yes, she can be pregnant at 12. Please take her for a pregnancy test ASAP to make some kind of a diagnosis.

Dr Elna McIntosh

9
Posted by: tlc | 2004/01/15

Yours is truly a dilema!!! You need to take her to a doc and test her for pregnancy to make sure.Then you need to clarify the rumour regardless of whether she is pregnant.Child abuse is destroying the children of SA and her step father needs to be stopped!At the moment you need to show her your support and concern and get to the bottom of things.She's counting on you!

Reply to tlc
Posted by: Slim | 2004/01/15

Have the tests done as above and also have a doctor see if she was penetrated. If this is the case, then it is a case of statutory rape. If he did have intercourse he will get royal treatment in jail for a couple of years. For some strange reason inmates detest rapists and especially child rapists.

Reply to Slim
Posted by: LC | 2004/01/15

The reason why I am so suspicious is that she went to visit her mother who is staying with her step father in December and I heard that she told her friends that her step father had sexually abused her (rumours), but her mother did not follow-up the matter cause she says its not true and now she just came back to my place with funny sores on her face and she told me she was vomiting. So that is why I want to know if its possible that she could be pregnant even if she hasnt started menstruating because I am scared to ask her if her step father abused her since her mother never consulted me about it.

Reply to LC
Posted by: Chip | 2004/01/15

Who said the dad is over 12. Was there indeed sex involved, or does the 12y old's friend not know how it happens..... Give us the facts and then all of us can give proper answers.

Reply to Chip
Posted by: anotherview | 2004/01/15

Sorry but this is peadophilia and needs reporting to the right people. The whole world is on a mission to stop this and you are contributing to the problem by not reporting it.

Reply to anotherview
Posted by: Slim | 2004/01/15

In a case like this, don't just check the physical signs, but also the lifestyle/social life. Is her lifestyle "wild" or "mild"? What kind of friends does she hang out with and what topics of discussion does she choose?

Reply to Slim
Posted by: Beebop | 2004/01/15

She can fall preganant ,but the question is did she have sex??? You dont mention this but just assume she shows signs of pregnancy.

Reply to Beebop
Posted by: TC | 2004/01/15

it is possible...
why do U think she is not menstruating?

Reply to TC
Posted by: Angie | 2004/01/15

If she hasnt started menstruating then she wont fall pregnant, good lord at least i hope not.
How can a baby look after another!
It could just be gastro it`s going aroung quite a bit.

GOOD LUCK!!

Reply to Angie