Posted by: Keith | 2008/09/10

This is a stange one. I' ve been trying to find out how many tea/table spoons equals a 1000mg. I' d like to substitute 1000mg flax seed oil capsules with actual fax seed oil - i' m just not sure how much actual oil to use to get the equivalant amount as what is in 1000mg capsules.

Your help will be greatly appreciated> 

Dear Keith
Not so strange a question. One teaspoon of liquid is usually supposed to weigh approx. 5 gram (5000 mg) and is equivalent to 5 ml of liquid, so you would need 1/5 of a teaspoon to obtain 1000 mg of the flaxseed oil. Now this is a difficult way of measuring such a small amount, so I would suggest that you ask your chemist to give or sell you a small syringe that you can use to measure 1 ml.
Hope this helps