Posted by: Mom to be | 2008/10/07

I am writing exams and study on my bed. I have noticed my behind got sore when I sat for too long, the pain did go away but now its still here. Is this normal? The pain only comes when i sit on my bed and stays by my lower back. I am also getting pimples on my lower back which is quite sore.

Please help me.

You do need to pay special attention to your posture in pregnancy else you could have pain.

Posted by: mom | 2008/10/07

Dear Mom to be, you need to understand that your body is making itself ready to be the perfect home for a growing baby. So its releasing hormones to relax your muscles to allow your tummy to stretch and accomodate your baby. Unfortunatly your body doesn' t limit these changes to only your tummy but your whole body will be influenced. You need to find ways to support your lower back and abdominal muscles. You can buy a support band from leading baby stores and they really help. Also try and rest as often as possible as this is only the start and there is still a long way to go :) If you have been excercising before becoming pregnant check with your gynie and try and continue. It really helps alot especially if you' d like to have a natural birth. If not discuss it with your gynie and try and find a mild excercise routine that will help with the lower back pain and strenghen your back. All the best!

Reply to mom
Posted by: Sophia | 2008/10/07

Find a place where you can sit upright and your back is supported.

Reply to Sophia