Question
Posted by: BRIDGETTE | 2007/05/08

1 YEAR OFF DEPO STILL NOT PREGNANT

HI I WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE MY DEPO SHOT AT THE END OF MARCH 2006 AND DID NOT TAKE IT. THEREFORE I 'M OFF THE DEPO FOR JUST OVER A YEAR NOW. I USED IT FOR A YEAR AND A HALF. I HAD A FEW PEROIDS WHEN I STARTED THE DEPO BUT EVENTUALLY IT STOPPED. WHEN I STOPPED THE DEPO MY CYCLE WAS VERY IRREGULAR SO MY GYNAE GAVE ME TRISEQUENCE AFTER WHICH MY PERIOD STARTED BEING REGULAR AGAIN ( IT STARTED WITH ABOUT 22 DAYS AND IS NOW APPROXIMATELY 28-30 DAYS.) I HAD A PEROID FROM THE FIRST OF MARCH TO THE FIFTH . IN MARCH I STARTED A DIET PROGRAM IN WHICH I HAVE LOST ABOUT 7 KG I WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE MY PEROID AROUND THE FIRST OF APRIL BUT SKIPPED IT SOMEHOW AND I THOUGHT I MIGHT BE PREGNANT. THEN ON THE 1 ST OF MAY I HAD A PERIOD AGAIN TILL THE 5TH OF MAY. THUS I SKIPPED ONE MONTH AND STARTED AGAIN. CAN THE WEIGHTLOSS HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT? AND WHY AM I NOT PRENANT YET? I'VE HEARD OF SOMEONE THAT USED THE DEPO AND WAS IRREGULAR AFTER STOPPING IT AND THEN SHE TOOK THE PILL FOR 2 MONTHS AND THEN STOPPED THE PILL AND FELL PREGNANT. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

The weight loss probably made you skip a period. From the time that your periods become regular, it can take a year to fall pregnant.