Question
Posted by: Desperate | 2004/11/29

1 Month to fit into my bikini!

Please help! 1 Month left to loose at least 5 kg's. Leaving on 29 December for holiday and want to fit in my bikini. Please tell me what to do ... which diet and what exercise. Thankyou!

Dear Holidaymaker
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). With this regimen you should lose between 0,5 and 1 kg a week, thus by Dec 29 you should be about 4 kg lighter. Don't go in for starvation diets in an attempt to lose weight faster - slow and steady is recommended by international experts, and will not result in regain of lost weight.
Enjoy your holiday