Question
Posted by: Argus | 2003/01/16

07 kg in 8 weeks

How can I loose 7kg before the Argus Cycle Tour - approx. 8 weeks - I am training at the moment, but I am not a fitness/cycling fanatic?

Dear Argus
To lose weight you need to reduce your energy intake by cutting down on fat and increasing the amount of dietary fibre you eat. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet. I cannot guarantee that you will lose all 7 kg, but this diet will make you lose weight if combined with the type of training you are doing. If you get hungry, then eat more of the permitted low-fat foods to supply you with sufficient carbs to sustain your exercise level. The top cyclists in the world (Tour de France) are amongst the thinnest and fittest people I know of and they eat very little fat, small amounts of protein and up to 70% of their diet as carbs - so give it a try.
Good luck for the Argus