Posted by: Honey | 2009/04/03

0 sex drive

Hi there,

Is there something I can take safely to increase my sex drive. My husband is strating to complain and although I want to be a good wife to him, I just can' t be bothered having sex! Ever! I want feel the way i felt about sex when I was 20 yrs old, i couldn' t get enough of him and we made love every day, now its more like once every month. Surely this is not normal as I' m only 29 years old. It all started or should I say stopped when we had our first child...

Hope you can help!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSexologist

Very often the sex drive drops after having children - it comes abck in a few months to a year on average. if it lasted much longer than taht there may be soem hormonal problem . see a medical sexologist. contasct the SASHA helpline for a referrral in your area

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Honey | 2009/04/06

Thank you very much for all your advise.

Reply to Honey
Posted by: Kim | 2009/04/04

Find a baby sitter, get some good rest, go out and get some new sexy underwear and let your self feel pretty &  sexy. Set the mood that appeals to you, what ever it may be.Eg. Flirting with him while having a romantic dinner, as when you 1st met.

Good Luck!!!

Reply to Kim
Posted by: D | 2009/04/03

You not alone, there are many woman that experience this after childbirth! Some go through something called vaginismus(sp)...fear of pain and penetration as well. Its all psychological and hormonal really. Your body changes and also depends on how you see yourself. Remember if you breast feeding it also becomes quite dry and could be painful too. Baby takes up all your time and attention and so forth.
It will come back you both must not give up on each other and just keep trying.

Reply to D
Posted by: Angel | 2009/04/03

Honey i' m also 29 and have 1 child but once a month.Women thats no good.I agree with Anon spice things up.Eg take the kid or kids to grandma or grandpa for the nigth .Put on sexy underwear.Soft music .Wipped cream or body chocolate or even cook him a nice meal and then massage him with both of yours wearning nothing and take it from there.I think u need to spend so alone time together.
Bring the spark back!!! Otherwise a other woman will do the work for you.

Good luck!

Reply to Angel
Posted by: Anon | 2009/04/03

It sounds like boredom syndrome to me, you need to work on making your sex life more exciting before it gets worse than it is now.

Reply to Anon

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.