On this 30 day challenge you will receive one task daily to complete in order to help you eat, move, think, and sleep better.
Congratulations if you have made it to Day 22 out of 30!
Today’s task is to do 50 burpees.
Stay connected with SleekGeek on Facebook
Today’s task of 50 burpees is really going to challenge your commitment to the rest of this challenge. Good luck :)
Did you know that the burpee was invented by a physiologist in New York City named Royal H. Burpee? He invented it as a simple way to assess the fitness of everyday folk (all the fitness tests around that time were strictly focused on athletes and other very fit people).
The 30-day challenge is a way to get you motivated to change your life for the better. But if you're serious about a healthier you this year, sign up right away for the SleekGeek 8-week challenge that has all the support, diet and exercise plans and rewards to get you in top shape (and looking great) by mid March.
If you happened to be subject to Mr. Burpee’s fitness assessment, he would test your heart rate before doing burpees, and then again afterwards, using the measurements in an equation to fairly accurately measure your heart’s ability to pump blood which happens to be a good measure of overall fitness.
If you need a bit of guidance on the burpee:
1. Begin in a standing position.
2. Drop down into a squat position and place both hands on the floor in front of you.
3. Jump your feet back so that you are in a straight-arm plank position.
4. Jump your feet forwards back into the squat position.
5. Jump up straight into the air from the squat position.
If you are struggling to visualise these instructions here is an excellent video on how to do the burpee:
If you struggle doing a regular burpee you can try:
1. Instead of squatting down and placing your hands on the floor in front of you, rather place them on a low surface such as a box, a sturdy chair or the edge of your your bed.
2. Instead of jumping your feet back and forth you can move one foot at a time.
3. Instead of jumping straight into the air from the squat position, simply stand up.
If you find regular burpees are too easy you can try:
1. Adding in a pushup in the bottom position.
2. Exploding up from your squat as high as you can.
You can sign up for FREE here: Ultimate You
In case you missed these:
UltimateYou challenge Day 19: Create a positive mantra
UltimateYou challenge Day 20: Do a brain dump before bed
UltimateYou challenge Day 21: Try a new healthy recipe.
See you tomorrow for your next healthy habit.