Weekends are the best, and while you want to have a good time, there are ways to ensure you are maintaining a healthy lifestyle amid all the fun.
1. Let’s start with what is for some the most challenging one. Reduce the amount of alcohol you drink. Opting for a wine spritzer or a light beer is a good way of lowering your calorie intake.
2. Have a large jug of fruit-infused water in the fridge for you and your family to enjoy. Fruit-infused water is a cool way to offer guests water instead of sugary drinks.
3. When running your errands on Saturday morning, rather hop on a bike or take a walk if it’s not too far. It’s a great form of exercise which is not only good for your health, but also means your car stays in the garage. This cuts down on pollution and saves fuel.
4. When hosting a braai or any other social event, consider a few healthier food options such as going meat free or exploring plant-based options. Healthy snacks can also make a huge difference, as titbits are most often consumed unconsciously while waiting for the main meal to be served. Here are some healthy snack alternatives.
5. Instead of that Sunday afternoon nap, rather head outside and go for a leisurely walk.
6. Most people need at least 8 hours’ sleep, so make sure you head to bed early enough on Sunday evening to be fresh and ready for the start of a new week on Monday morning.
Looking for healthy options on the braai? Try Fry’s! Download the Fry’s Plants on Fire ecookbook.