advertisement
26 February 2009

Contaminated food: 300 hospitalised

Over 300 pupils were taken to hospital after eating contaminated food at the Onkgopotse Tiro school outside Mafikeng in the North-West, the SABC reported on Wednesday.

Over 300 pupils were taken to hospital after eating contaminated food at the Onkgopotse Tiro school outside Mafikeng in the North-West, the SABC reported on Wednesday.

All the pupils suffered from stomach aches after supper on Tuesday night. Most of them were treated and discharged, but nine were still in the Mafikeng provincial hospital.

The provincial health department sent specialists to test the food.

(Sapa, February 2009)

Read more:
Washing fruit and veg not enough
Water, salmonella link?

 
NEXT ON HEALTH24X
advertisement

Read Health24’s Comments Policy

Comment on this story
0 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.

Live healthier

Lifestyle »

E-cigarettes: Here are five things to know

E-cigarettes have become hugely popular in the past decade, but a rash of vaping-linked deaths and illnesses in the US is feeding caution about a product that's already banned in some places.

Allergy »

Ditch the itch: Researchers find new drug to fight hives

A new drug works by targeting an immune system antibody called immunoglobulin E, which is responsible for the allergic reaction that causes hives.

advertisement