What is happening to your baby:
- Your baby has expanded to a thousand times its original size!
- He/she measures 45 to 50 centimetres.
- Fat is dimpling on the elbows and knees.
- Creases form in the neck and wrists.
- Fingernails have formed.
- Gums are very rigid.
- Kidneys are fully developed.
- Liver can process some waste products.
What is happening to you:
- You will probably have to run to the loo more often because of increased pressure on your bladder.
- You may notice a strange feeling in your vagina whenever the baby's head moves against the pelvic floor.
What to do:
- If you have other children, have you made adequate arrangements for the time you will be in hospital?
- It is time to slow down. Very few babies arrive on their due date, anything from 38-42 weeks is considered normal, with about 80% arriving within ten days of their due date.