What is happening to your baby:
- Your baby weighs about 1.8 kilogram.
- All five senses are working.
- Toenails have grown.
- Your baby may not move around as much. This is because there is less space available in the uterus.
- Organs continue to mature.
- Your baby passes urine from his/her bladder.
What is happening to you:
- Haemorrhoids can become a problem because your growing baby presses down on the woman’s pelvic floor and impedes blood flow.
- You are probably gaining about 450 grams a week.
What to do:
- If you suffer from haemorrhoids, eat fibre-rich foods and avoid lifting heavy objects.
- Urinary infections can be a problem, so drink plenty of fluids.