What is happening to your baby:
- A boy’s testes are decending from his abdomen into the scrotum.
- Digestive tract is almost fully developed.
- Eyes can open and shut.
- Your baby can distinguish light from dark and follow a light source.
What is happening to you:
- Back pain is common because your uterus places pressure on your back and pelvis.
- Breathlessness is also common as uterus presses against your diaphragm.
What to do:
- If you haven’t negotiated maternity leave yet, make sure that you do it now. Speak to your HR rep or a labour law consultant and all about what our Basic Conditions of Employment Act says.
- To relieve back pain, speak to your doctor about what you can do or take.