What is happening to your baby:
- Your baby weighs about 1.3 kilograms.
- The early lanugo is disappearing.
- Your baby can open and close his/her eyelids.
- In girls the clitoris is quite prominent because it isn’t covered by the labia.
- Bone marrow now produces red blood cells.
- Toenails are growing.
What is happening to you:
- You may be concerned about having sex at this late stage of your pregnancy.
- Sleeping becomes more and more uncomfortable as your belly expands.
- From now on you may be feeling your baby’s hiccups.
What to do:
- Now is a good time to draw up a birth plan.
- Be sure to take enough calcium. Your baby is demanding more and more calcium as his/her bones grow and harden.
- read up on or speak to your doctor about ways to help you get a good night’s sleep.