What is happening to your baby:
- Your baby measures 17.5cm crown to rump.
- Growth starts to slow down.
- Your baby becomes more active as there is more amniotic fluid in which to play around.
- Heart rate grows stronger.
- Legs are reaching their relative proportions.
What is happening to you:
- The measurement from pubic bone to fundus is about 20cm. Fundal height is measured to estimate the size of your foetus – it eventually stops at 35-40cm.
- Your ankles and feet may be swelling.
- Oesophageal reflux (regurgitation of the stomach contents into the oesophagus) may cause heartburn.
What to do:
- Start finding out about ante-natal classes in your area.
- Drink lots of fluids and rest with your feet up to reduce water retention. Now you have a good excuse to sit back and relax!
- For tips on how to relieve heartburn, speak to your doctor.