Congratulations! You are halfway through your pregnancy. You’re doing well!
What is happening to your baby:
- Your baby’s sleep patterns are similar to those of a newborn.
- A girl’s uterus is formed.
- Her vagina is developing.
- Scalp hair begins to grow.
What is happening to you:
- Your pregnancy may now be quite obvious as your uterus pushes your abdomen out at the belly button – brace yourself for lots of unwanted advice!
- Your pubic hair darkens – it will fade again after birth.
- The linea nigra (black line running down the centre of your abdomen) may darken.
- Your belly button may “pop out” as your uterus presses up and outward.
What to do:
- Take care of your stretching skin to prevent or reduce stretch marks. Apply a nourishing cream twice a day. Eat well and exercise regularlyto maintain your skin’s elasticity.