What is happening to your baby:
- Your baby measures about 20cm.
- Pads are forming on the fingers and toes.
- Your baby has fingerprints – so keep him/her out of trouble!
- Meconium, your baby’s first bowel movement, accumulates within the bowel.
- Your baby’s limbs are lengthening.
- The body length is catching up to head size.
- The prostate gland (in boys) develops.
- Baby may have hiccups.
What is happening to you:
- The uterus is just below your bellybutton.
- Your gums become more spongy due to increased pregnancy hormones.
- You may be feeling your baby move (“quickening”).
What to do:
- Ask friends and relatives for second-hand maternity wear. There is no use spending a lot of money on clothes you can only wear for a couple of weeks.
- Visit your dentist for a check-up.