What is happening to your baby:
- Your baby is going through a growth spurt this week as brown fat deposits under the baby’s skin.
- The foetus and placenta are of equal size.
- The foetus weighs more than the placenta.
- The baby sucks, swallows and blinks.
What is happening to you:
- You will probably gain weight this week as the baby is going through a growth spurt.
- Your body may secrete more fluid, such as sweat, nasal congestion and vaginal discharge as your blood volume increases.
What to do:Exercise regularly – aqua-aerobics or swimming are great exercises.
Speak to your doctor or fitness specialist about which exercise programmes are suitable or safe for you.