Postpartum depression needs to be distinguish from so-called “baby blues” which is common amongst women during the first days after giving birth. What are the symptoms you need to look out for?
Symptoms of postpartum depression include:
- Pervasive sadness or depressed mood
- Loss of interest in activities that used to be pleasurable
- Severe anxiety
- Loss of appetite, which is often accompanied by weight loss
- Sleep problems
- Feelings of worthlessness and inappropriate guilt
- Difficulty concentrating
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide
Post a question to Cybershrink.