You've just been told that your child has invited friends to play. How can you prepare a teatime treat in a hurry? Here is a super-quick recipe to fill hungry tummies.
1 cup flour
1 cup castor sugar
1 cup hot water
3 tabs cocoa or 1.5 tabs coffee granules (Jacobs or Nescafe) dissolved in a bit of hot water
1 tabs baking powder
1 ml salt
5 ml vanilla essence
2 large eggs
- Put a baking trivet into microwave oven.
- Grease dish (20 cm diameter x 8 cm deep). Line bottom of dish with greaseproof paper and spray n cook it again
- Mix together flour, castor sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl
- Place cocoa or coffee essence into a mixing bowl, add the water and vanilla and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix well again.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients and using an electric mixer beat together for 30 seconds (very important)
- Put cake mix into the prepared dish and place in centre of trivet in microwave and bake on full power for six minutes
- When time is up you may find the centre of top of cake is moist, blot with kitchen towel and press lightly. Remove towel. Allow to cool a few minutes.
- Turn onto cake rack, peel off paper and ice anyway you wish. Freezes well.
Recipe supplied by The Lean Aubergine Dietetic Services