advertisement
01 August 2016

Braaing can be dangerous

Braaing can be dangerous. A new study by researchers at the University of Missouri School of Medicine found that since 2002 more than 1,600 folks arrived in US emergency rooms with barbecue-related injuries. The main culprit: wire-bristle grill brushes. When loose bristles from these brushes fall off during cleaning, they can easily make their way into food and cause injuries to the mouth, throat and tonsils. So while cleaning your braai utensils thoroughly is essential, make sure that none of the cleaning products end up on your chops.

advertisement

Live healthier

Don't even bother »

SEE: When you cough, this is what happens to your body LISTEN: Can you spot the smoker’s cough?

7 cough remedies that definitely don’t work

A chronic cough can be the bane of your life. Here are seven cough remedies you shouldn't waste your time with.

Be in the know! »

How to manage sensitive teeth 5 ways runners mess up their teeth

Oral health basics: what you need to know

Dr Simon Reeves talks us through the importance of oral health basics. Here’s how to care for your teeth properly.