Childhood Diseases

Question
Posted by: m | 2008/06/09

Q.

swollowed lucky bean

my 13 month son, swollowed a lucky bean this afternoon. (seed from coral tree). I remember someone saying that it is poisonous.
Read on internet that it is dangerous in high dosage, due to its muscle relaxing abilities...paralysis...death.

I am walking to his cot to check him all the time, worried! He is sick and on antibiotics since Saturday, so it is not easy to say if he is alright.

Should I do something, instead of waiting to see if he is okay?

Expert's Reply

A.

Paediatrician

Please phone your nearest poisons information centre. You will find the number in the front pages of your phone book.If you have any problem getting information, call the Red Cross Children's Hospital Poisons Information Centre on 021 6895227.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

1
user comments

C.

Posted by: Be sure | 2008/06/09

Phone the poison help line and they will tell you straight away if you need to be concerned or not.

Hope he gets better soon.

Reply to Be sure

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.