I am really sorry to read that Tayden is having such a bad time again.Silicone allergy is extremely rare and if there is indeed a reaction to silicone this is usually due to an additive in the silicone such as a latex product or a plasticiser.Allergy to Elastoplast is very common and the only plaster that he will be able to tolerate is Micropore.He certainly will not be able to tolerate the silver plasters.With his history of severe milk allergy previously there is no doubt that he is an allergic child.If you are still in Cape Town it would be a good idea to ask a paediatric allergist to see him. I can highly recommend Dr Claudia Gray at the Vincent Pallotti Medical Centre. She also does sessions at the Red Cross Children's Hospital and would also be able to see Tayden there.You should speak to her as soon as possible.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.