Childhood Diseases

Posted by: Martin | 2009/12/04


Physical Examination Course

Hello! Recently, I met with the principal of a high school for boys in a rural area near Rustenburg. He told me that most of his pupils have never been to see a doctor for a full medical check-up because they live in a remote area. I would like to do a crash course that would qualify me to do full physical examinations so that I can help out - basically, to screen the boys medically and then arrange to send the urgent cases to a doctor in the town. I aim to do this long-term in the area, at other schools, to help where I can. Please could you let me know what course would fully prepare AND qualify me to do physical examinations.

Expert's Reply



One way would be to first qualify as a male Nurse and then do a Primary Care Nursing course. Another way would be to do a Paramedic course. There is a 3 year paramedic course offered by the Natal Technikon and also one at the University of Johannesburg.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.