Childhood Diseases

Question
Posted by: patty | 2011/03/10

Q.

panicky mom

Should I be worried if my 13 month daughter swallowed a pea sized bead? Can this harm her in any way? I''m sooooo worried?

Expert's Reply

A.

Paediatrician

As long as she only swallowed the bead and did not breathe it in to her lungs there is really no need to be concerned. She will pass the bead after a about 2 days. The warning signs that a child has inhaled or breathed in a bead is first choking and then a persistent cough.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.