The main concern is the effect on the child's teeth. Some children these days are allergic to certain colouring agents used in sweets especially red, orange and yellow food dyes.With younger children there is also the concern of possible choking on small pieces of the lollipop if children bite pieces off. It is not a good idea to give young children lollipops without their parents being there to supervise them.99 out of 100 times nothing will go wrong but there is always the remote chance that something could happen.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.