Childhood Diseases

Question
Posted by: Butterfly | 2010-05-06

Q.

Is it too soon to stop baby from drinking milk?

My baby is 8 months old last month he was hospitalised for measles &  pneumonia, he is now much better but does not want to drink milk as while he was sick he only ate solids he kept choking on liquids, He prefers solids now &  only wants the bottle at night is it safe for me to stop the milk altogether or is it too soon, He also prefers juice &  rooibos tea as opposed to milk but I give it to him in moderation.

Expert's Reply

A.

Paediatrician

Your baby is definitely too young to stop giving him milk. Stop the other liquids he is getting. Try another formula such as NAN Pelargon as he may prefer the taste. Give him his milk before he eats his solids.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Want to comment?

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.